Friday, May 29, 2015

Choosing FUN

I have three little boys, and let me tell you, there is no lack of energy in this house! With school just starting to wrap up for the year, I started thinking about next fall activities. BOY, AM I SURE GLAD I DID! Registration starts in two weeks for half of them. I actually despise this process, I search the web like a crazy person locating all possible locations for specific activities, compare prices, write down multiple options for all classes, to see how all three kids schedules can fit together. Then I have to check my log-ins, make sure I have all my user names correct, and write down the proper date and time to register. You better believe I am one of those mom's who is up at the crack of dawn getting my kids into swimming lessons, skating, preschool, gymnastics whatever is it.
Today however I decided.
"You know what, I am just going to pick one activity that's important to each kid, and then focus on literally just those three events" (yes, registering my kids is an event in our house hold- with 5 am high fives and all).
POOF, all my craziness is gone. As I tell me my kids when they get their colored lunch plates.... "You get what you get, and don't throw a fit"- now applied to parenting. Will everyone get into swimming lessons? I don't know, but I do know they will all have their one class they are passionate about, and today I will take that as a win!

No comments:

Post a Comment